Tuesday 20 November 2012

Staithes seaside screen print in progress...






This links back to a post a couple of months back now about a print design I've been working on (off and on while time allows...). I've posted my research sketches and where I got up to on the design so I can move onward and upward from it. I think part of the reason I wasn't happy to date is I've forced myself to try out the screen print design as a single colour only and I've been feeling frustrated that I cannot do some of the colour mixing tricks I love screen printing for. The design acquired a sort of woodblock print feel to it that I did like, although it's a slight departure from my usual approach. Looking on stuff with fresh eyes a few weeks on really helps. I'm not sure quite how I'll proceed but I still think there is an illustration in there. If picturesque is your bag I suggest checking my previous post (link above) for a photo or google Staithes to see just how overloaded with 'picturesqueness' the place is!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a killer post!

Celia Hart said...

The 3rd image is my favourite - it's so full of energy and really shows the village in its coastal setting.
C

Eric Barclay said...

outstanding!

Illa.Alba said...

Beautiful blog. I like it.